Here you can find all of the latest news about the Business Location Eastern Germany, as well as information concerning important industries and the latest technologies.
- Jul 03, 2019New Institute of Low-Carbon Industrial Processes in Lusatia region
GTAI (Berlin) - The DLR's new Institute of Low-Carbon Industrial Processes will be set up at two locations in Cottbus and Zittau. The topic of CO2-reduction for industrial processes will add a new focal point to the research portfolio of the DLR.
- Jul 01, 20193.8 million euros for "Smart Systems Hub Dresden"
GTAI (Berlin) - The "Smart Systems Hub Dresden" will receive funding of 3.8 millions euros from the Saxon State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport. A competence and innovation center for industrial digitization shall be established in Dresden.
- Jun 27, 2019Joint research of German and Korean institutes in Dresden
GTAI (Berlin) - In Dresden, a German-Korean technology center (DKTZ) has been opened as a cooperation project of the Fraunhofer IKTS, the Institute of Lightweight Engineering and Polymer Technology at the TU Dresden, and the Korea Institute of Material Science (KIMS).
- May 10, 2019Farasis to built battery factory in Saxony-Anhalt
GTAI (Berlin) - Farasis Energy will build a battery cell, module and pack production facility in Bitterfeld-Wolfen (Saxony-Anhalt).
- Feb 01, 2019New German cyber agency will be established in Central Germany
GTAI (Berlin) - In Central Germany, the announcement that the federal government’s new cyber agency will be established in Halle and Leipzig has been welcomed. The includes an investment of EUR 200 million and the creation of 200 new jobs.
- Jul 11, 2018One of Europe's biggest lithium cell factories to be built in Thuringia
GTAI (Berlin) - Contemporary Amperex Technology Ltd. (CATL) will invest €240m in setting-up a lithium cell factory with a capacity of 14 GWh in the Eastern German state of Thuringia, creating some 600 jobs in the region until 2022.
- Jun 08, 2018German-Chinese research institute opens in Nanjing
GTAI (Berlin) - The Erfurt-based CiS institute expands its sensor research by co-founding the German-Chinese MEMS Smart Sensor Institute.
- Jun 07, 2018#Berlinproduziert: New campaign highlights innovativeness of Berlin's industry
GTAI (Berlin) - New industry marketing campagin featuring 25 Berlin-based companies show the strong links between traditional industry and forward-looking technologies.
- Jun 06, 2018New state-of-the-art paper factory for Saxony-Anhalt
GTAI (Berlin) - Following an intensive assessment of potential sites across Europe, the Progroup AG has now opted for a location in Sandersdorf-Brehna in the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt.
- May 24, 2018Up to 100,000 additional BMW "made in Leipzig" per year